Monday, November 8, 2010

Cow up a tree

The run home isn't particularly beautiful. It follows the bike path along a highway. But I do get to run through the Docklands and past the cow up a tree sculpture.

Run: 1:03 | 9.8km | 06m 28s/km. First run of the week - home from work. With two days since the last run I kinda felt this was a little tough. It was pretty warm and I could have been better hydrated. I played tag with another runner who would walk until I passed her, then she'd run much faster than me for a bit and start walking until I'd passed her again. It's awesome to see another runner heading home, but I find it puts me a little off my game!

2 comments:

  1. You're running steadily, they're walking. You win :-)
    "Chasing the Runner's High: My Sixty Million-Step Program" is the story of how I pushed my addiction to running up to, and then past, my limits. I share what I've learned, what I should have learned, and what I still have to learn from running.

    Marshall Ulrich, 4 time winner of the Badwater Ultramarathon (and clearly a really nice guy) says my book "provides a hard look into the mind of a runner, offering advice that can only be had with experience and hard fought miles underfoot." Adena Schulzberg, winner of the 2006 Arkansas Marathon, writes, "these are brutally honest tales, told with candor and frankness about strength, courage, obsession, desire and hard won understanding of self and sport."

    "Chasing the Runner's High" is only $12.99 for the trade paperback or you can name your own price for the eBook! There's a sample chapter from the book on my site:
    http://www.chasingtherunnershigh.com

    A portion of the proceeds from sales of Chasing the Runner's High will be donated to charity. When you order the book from my site, you get to help direct how that money is distributed.

    You can also help by forwarding this message to your running friends, or your friends who want to understand more about why anyone spends all that time running :-)

    I hope you enjoy the book! If you would like additional information, let me know.

    Thanks for your consideration,
    Ray Charbonneau
    Arlington, MA
    -- My book!
    http://www.chasingtherunnershigh.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats something you don't see everyday :-)

    ReplyDelete