Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Interstate



I have just had the pleasure of two and a half gorgeous days in Sydney with one of my girlfriends. I've been going up around this time of year for the past three or so years to visit her, but never, never have I encountered such glorious weather.

The first day was all about ferries, Cockatoo Island, checking out some Banksy at Outpost, lunching at Aria; the quinoa crusted celeriac is still playing on my mind! There was strolling through the Botanical gardens, and catching Cate Blanchett in hands down the oddest play I've ever seen and I've seen a few.

Day two was all about walking and swimming. We warmed up by walking the Bondi to Bronte section of the coastal walk and upon returning swam at Icebergs. My first time swimming laps in an ocean pool. There were goosebumps towards the end of my short swim!

Sun, Mon, Tues; walking: 6 hours
Tues; swim: 15m | 600m. I had thought I'd have another chance to do another set, but it wasn't to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment